Say it with me: three ingredient buttermilk biscuits.
Super easy, super fast, super delicious! I recently bought a 32 ounce jar of peach and ginger preserves from work (which are to die for) so I figured that I would need some biscuits to put the preserves on. What better biscuit than a dense, flaky, buttermilk biscuit?
Wow, it’s been almost a month since I posted anything. I promise I have been cooking, I’ve just been cooking recipes from other blogs. It doesn’t seem right to me to write about another blog’s food. Below are links to some of my favorite recipes I’ve tried lately!
- Chorizo sweet potato skillet – I’ve made this without chorizo both times.
- It’s delicious either way you spin it I’m sure
- Zuppa toscana – who doesn’t love a hearty soup in this cold weather?
- P.S. we’ve been getting very unusual weather here in Tennessee the last couple of weeks. Does anyone want me to send some cold weather and/or snow your way?
- Raspberry lover’s quinoa – a filling breakfast that is delicious with a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt on top!
Alright, so I have made more than that, but the other recipes were from cookbooks. If you try any of these recipes, let me know what you think!
On another note I recently rediscovered how delicious grinding whole bean coffee is. It started at work where I have the choice of Nestle instant ground coffee (disgusting) or grinding whole beans from a local roaster. The choice is obvious. It’s rare that I drink my coffee with anything but milk/cream and some sugar, but I’m able to drink the fresh ground coffee black with just a small bit of sugar for some sweetness. So I went to one of the local grocery stores and purchased some for myself and had my dad mail me the coffee grinder. Best. Decision. Ever. What are some of your favorite whole bean coffees to drink?
Pinterest is my Achilles heel when it comes to food. I could literally spend hours on Pinterest looking at recipes for this or that. Almost all of them catch my eye when I’m scrolling down the page. A few weeks ago I found a recipe for chocolate and banana breakfast quinoa (pronounced keen-wah). I know that quinoa has great health benefits but I never imagined eating it for breakfast!